[SOLVED] Would I be able to upgrade only my graphics cards or what i be dealing with bottlenecks?

Feb 16, 2020
My current PC specs are:

Processor: Intel i5 4690k
Ram: 16GB ddr3
Motherboard: Z97 GAMING 5
GPU: GTX 960 SLI

I would like to upgrade my GPU. I wanted to buy an RTX 2080 super. The thing is the rest of my hardware is obviously outdated.

Would i be better of settling for a lesser graphics card, but updating my entire system? (DDR4 better CPU etc..).

Basically I am curious what the best graphics card I can buy without upgrading anything else, but not dealing with bottlenecks - if that is an option.

Solution
My current PC specs are:

I would like to upgrade my GPU. I wanted to buy an RTX 2080 super. The thing is the rest of my hardware is obviously outdated.

Would i be better of settling for a lesser graphics card, but updating my entire system? (DDR4 better CPU etc..).

Basically I am curious what the best graphics card I can buy without upgrading anything else, but not dealing with bottlenecks - if that is an option.
You wouldn't want to run more than a GTX 1070/1660TI/RTX 2060 Super/RX 5700XT on that CPU since those cards would already be severely bottlenecked by the CPU. You should upgrade the CPU first to at minimum a used i7 4770/k and...
My current PC specs are:

You wouldn't want to run more than a GTX 1070/1660TI/RTX 2060 Super/RX 5700XT on that CPU since those cards would already be severely bottlenecked by the CPU. You should upgrade the CPU first to at minimum a used i7 4770/k and probably a new power supply before buying a new GPU. You could either buy a lower end GPU now like a GTX 1650 Super or RX 5500XT and keep using the CPU you have or the better option is to save toward a Ryzen 3000/4000 system.

Solution