[SOLVED] Would I benefit much by getting a new graphics card?

Aug 1, 2021
Hi There,

I currently have an ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti 4Gb Strix OC which is about 5 years old.

I don't play many games on my PC, when I do it's normally Civilization VI. I mainly use my PC for photo and video editing.

I want to start shooting in 4K and not sure if my current graphics card is up to the task - should I get a new one or is the one I already have good enough? I could only spend up to £200 / $275 on a new one.

Thanks!

Current setup is:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
16gb DDR4 3200mhz RAM
ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti 4Gb Strix OC
Samsung 980 Pro 250gb M.2

Solution
Not at the moment, no. GPU prices are extremely inflated, you would be hard pressed to find a 750Ti for that much money.

GPUs with large amounts of VRAM certainly help when scrubbing through 4K raw footage, and encoding on the GPU is typically much faster than CPU encoding.

You would be looking at £500 for an entry level card new (though those are pretty fast, relatively, at the moment) and somewhere near £1000 for something mid-range.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not at the moment, no. GPU prices are extremely inflated, you would be hard pressed to find a 750Ti for that much money.

GPUs with large amounts of VRAM certainly help when scrubbing through 4K raw footage, and encoding on the GPU is typically much faster than CPU encoding.

You would be looking at £500 for an entry level card new (though those are pretty fast, relatively, at the moment) and somewhere near £1000 for something mid-range.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS