[SOLVED] Would I Benefit Using my Gaming Laptop as Dedicated Streaming PC?

Nov 10, 2018
Please move if in the wrong place. My Bad - was a little confused on where to put this one?
___

Would I Benefit Using my Gaming Laptop as Dedicated Streaming PC?
1st Things First,
I recently Upgraded my Gaming Rig to a
CPU - Intel i9 9900K
GPU - RTX2080
SSD m.2 + SSD Hybrid
RAM - 32GB DDR 4 Vengeance Pro
_
I am running off a 21:9 IPS Gaming Monitor but only at 1080p
I have my reason which is another story. It's just worth noting that whilst I like to play ultra wide - my load is less than someone running at 2K.

I stream Cities Skylines at 2560X1080 @ 60FPS and from what I can tell when viewing my dashboard preview screen off one of my 3 monitors ... it seems to be running fairly smooth enough. Oh I have national broadband with up to 30MBPS Upload speed.

I'm just a lone streamer with no viewers so again ... have no feedback at this stage ... only what I see on my dash board screen

Anyways ... I was wondering for new high end games like Star Citizen which recommends running off an SSD ... well ... would my following gaming laptop help to take some of the load off the i9 9900K CPU? I hear it's not all that great for streaming at any rate? Thoughts?

Laptop Specs as follows:
ROG (Republic Of Gamers) GL702VM
- Processor. Intel® Core™ i7 6700HQ Processor (2.6GHZ Throttles to 3.5GHZ)
GTX1060 6GB
16 GB RAM DDR 4
SSD M.2 + SATA3

Just not sure if it's worth me investing in a decent capture device for my laptop and taking some of the load off my current system as whilst I want to stream ... I don't want any performance hit on the latest AAA games as well as those to come?

_

Your thoughts?

Although the video is getting on ... here is where I got the idea from:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqqU95c46pA&t=136s

Solution
Please move if in the wrong place. My Bad - was a little confused on where to put this one?
___

1st Things First,
CPU - Intel i9 9900K
GPU - RTX2080
SSD m.2 + SSD Hybrid
_
I have my reason which is another story. It's just worth noting that whilst I like to play ultra wide - my load is less than...
Sep 14, 2019
___

1st Things First,
CPU - Intel i9 9900K
GPU - RTX2080
SSD m.2 + SSD Hybrid
_
I have my reason which is another story. It's just worth noting that whilst I like to play ultra wide - my load is less than someone running at 2K.

I stream Cities Skylines at 2560X1080 @ 60FPS and from what I can tell when viewing my dashboard preview screen off one of my 3 monitors ... it seems to be running fairly smooth enough. Oh I have national broadband with up to 30MBPS Upload speed.

I'm just a lone streamer with no viewers so again ... have no feedback at this stage ... only what I see on my dash board screen

Anyways ... I was wondering for new high end games like Star Citizen which recommends running off an SSD ... well ... would my following gaming laptop help to take some of the load off the i9 9900K CPU? I hear it's not all that great for streaming at any rate? Thoughts?

Laptop Specs as follows:
ROG (Republic Of Gamers) GL702VM
- Processor. Intel® Core™ i7 6700HQ Processor (2.6GHZ Throttles to 3.5GHZ)
GTX1060 6GB
16 GB RAM DDR 4
SSD M.2 + SATA3

Just not sure if it's worth me investing in a decent capture device for my laptop and taking some of the load off my current system as whilst I want to stream ... I don't want any performance hit on the latest AAA games as well as those to come?

_

Your thoughts?

Although the video is getting on ... here is where I got the idea from:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqqU95c46pA&t=136s
you should be able to stream from your pc without a performance hit, but if you would like to invest in a capture device then that would be a good solution too :)

Solution