Question Would I get much improvement with a second MSI GTX 1080 GPU?

Build:
Dell Gsync 1440p 144hz Monitor
MSI GTX 1080 8GB
i7 6800k 3.4 (4.0Ghz Overclocked 2.375v)
Bequiet Dark Rock Cooler 3 Silent Wings
Asus X99-A II
4x4GB 2666mhz DDR 4 Corsair
RM 850X Corsair PSU

Looking online and I can't really find a definitive answer. I'd like to get some framerate improvement in some games like Sniper Elite 5 but wondering if I should just wait another 2 years and do a full new build. Also I have heard rumours it can cause stuttering.

I mainly just play War Thunder, Insurgency Sandstorm and Sniper Elite games atm, that and Witcher 3.

Regards

Lutfij

Titan
Simple answer, nope. You're only going to be burning more power from the wall. If the PSU is as old as the platform, then you might be in need for another PSU. Try and get the single most powerful GPU you can get as opposed to going multi GPU layouts. The latter looks nice but it doesn't bring anything in terms of performance to the table.

My 2 cents though.
:)

Simple answer, nope. You're only going to be burning more power from the wall. If the PSU is as old as the platform, then you might be in need for another PSU. Try and get the single most powerful GPU you can get as opposed to going multi GPU layouts. The latter looks nice but it doesn't bring anything in terms of performance to the table.

My 2 cents though.
:)

Ye I have no clue where else to go with my current build.

The build was put together in 2016 and has been going strong since. I switched the PSU in 2019ish for a reason I can't remember atm. The EVGA PSU prob died.

I think I have the best card for my build atm don't I

Many games no longer support sli and will actually perform worse if you try.
Some games like fast action shooters depend on fast graphics.
For those, you would be better off trading your GTX1080 for a stronger card, perhaps a 3070 or a similar class card from the upcoming launch from intel,amd or nvidia. Current inventory is being sold off at good prices in anticipation.

But, before you do, check to see if you might be processor limited.
The I7-6800K is not particularly good at single thread performance.

Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

Run the cpu-z bench test and look at the single thread rating.
You should get something like 505:
http://valid.x86.fr/bench/8hmhpd