[SOLVED] Would I need to upgrade my CPU for Cyberpunk 2077?

Turkeysammich

Honorable
Sep 8, 2014
I have the A10-6800k Richland black edition overclocked at 4.5GHz, used just as my CPU. Ive noticed that a lot of requirement suggestions underestimate the CPU, I can run games I shouldn’t be able to, from their suggestions.

I currently have a Radeon R9 270x GPU

I would like to play Cyberpunk 2077 on my PC.

I know my GPU needs to be upgraded, but would my CPU be up to par? I find it difficult to decide as, like I mentioned, everything has severely underestimated the A10 6800k.

thanks in advance

Solution
You could try and play the game but in all honesty the only thing from that APU that's being taxed is the CPU side which is a quad core. You forgot to mention the games that you tax the system with and to be fair, CyberPunk will be the next Crisis, to which people will use that as a benchmark meme. "Yes but can it play Cyberpunk 2077?"

You will need to migrate to a new platform actually, outside of the APU realm. Truth be told, I'm an owner of the A10-6800K but I use it as a workhorse not a gaming machine and now it's more of a room heater.

Lutfij

Titan
You could try and play the game but in all honesty the only thing from that APU that's being taxed is the CPU side which is a quad core. You forgot to mention the games that you tax the system with and to be fair, CyberPunk will be the next Crisis, to which people will use that as a benchmark meme. "Yes but can it play Cyberpunk 2077?"

You will need to migrate to a new platform actually, outside of the APU realm. Truth be told, I'm an owner of the A10-6800K but I use it as a workhorse not a gaming machine and now it's more of a room heater.

Solution