[SOLVED] Would I notice a significant performance difference between the "RTX 2070 Super Windforce" VS "RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming" versions?

realghostbuster

Reputable
Jan 18, 2019
The Windforce OC 3x version is the only one available on Amazon at the moment in my country. My understanding is that this model has lower GPU clock speeds but would I notice a huge difference between it and the Gaming OC version? As long as I get a steady 60fps and the graphics card is quiet, I don't really care. But I'm worried about future proofing also as I intend on using this card for many years to come.

This is the only 2070 Super that is in stock in Amazon at the moment: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-G...keywords=rtx+2070+super&qid=1593958783&sr=8-1

Any helpful information would be appreciated!

Solution
boost is the same thing it means on cpu's and gpu's. the automatic overclocking it does if there is power and thermal room to spare. will always mean this!!

as for noise i have no clue. you'll have to look for a review of each and see what they measured. normally the more fans, means less noise but that is not a concrete rule.

again do a quick look for a review of each and see what noise levels they measured.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the difference would be a couple frames here and there. remember the cards still boost so the listed clock speeds are kind of meaningless. you'll get that extra frame back from the boost anyway.

the only thing different would likely be temps. the 3 fans will keep it nice and cool anyway so that is also likely not a concern.

Reactions: realghostbuster

realghostbuster

Reputable
Jan 18, 2019
the difference would be a couple frames here and there. remember the cards still boost so the listed clock speeds are kind of meaningless. you'll get that extra frame back from the boost anyway.

the only thing different would likely be temps. the 3 fans will keep it nice and cool anyway so that is also likely not a concern.
There's almost a 50 Euro difference between the Windforce OC and the Gaming OC on Amazon UK. When you say "boost" are you talking about overclocking the card in the BIOS?

Would the Windforce OC version be louder than the other versions?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
boost is the same thing it means on cpu's and gpu's. the automatic overclocking it does if there is power and thermal room to spare. will always mean this!!

as for noise i have no clue. you'll have to look for a review of each and see what they measured. normally the more fans, means less noise but that is not a concrete rule.

again do a quick look for a review of each and see what noise levels they measured.

Solution