[SOLVED] Would it be a good idea to buy a new AMD pc before 3000 series is released?

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
I've got everything ready just waiting to order and I'm currently struggling to do anything with my Pentium E5700, and GT 730. I'm planning to get a Ryzen 2600, RX 580 8GB with 8 GB ddr4 in dual channel on an asus prime b450-plus and I can't really get over how slow my current computer is and I've been using it for a while now and I think it's time to buy a new one.

Solution
What do you use the PC for, how much RAM does it have?

Assuming you want to play games then it's a massive upgrade, yeah ryzen 3xxx will be better when it's available and it might be worth waiting until CES is over to see what's announced, but something better is always coming and it's only worth waiting when the next release is really close.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
What do you use the PC for, how much RAM does it have?

Assuming you want to play games then it's a massive upgrade, yeah ryzen 3xxx will be better when it's available and it might be worth waiting until CES is over to see what's announced, but something better is always coming and it's only worth waiting when the next release is really close.

Solution

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017

I use it for gaming and would like to get into streaming a little, current one has 4 GB DDR2. Also I'm going to get an rx 580.

I guess I could buy the 2600 and wait until zen 2 is released and possibly return it if it's a major enough upgrade as the leaks say.