[SOLVED] would it be a stupid idea to blow my ac unit directly into my pc?

Dylanblaha

Reputable
Jun 21, 2020
I'm bored and have nothing to do this weekend and I've been having this urge to blow my AC unit directly into my pc and see if i can get any performance increase on some benchmarks

is this a stupid idea and could anything go wrong? is there anything unsafe about this?

also i don't have any temperature issues i just kinda want to see how much it would make a difference in terms of performance

Solution
I would not use the word "stupid". You have an idea and have asked the question. That is not "stupid".

However, blowing the AC directly into the pc is not recommended.

Doing so could cause condensation (water droplets forming on components), blow in more dust and debris, and disrupt beneficial/designed air flows within the PC.

What you might do, very carefully, is to orient the air flows from a distance (subjective) and monitor temperatures and performance.

But even then that is a risk and overall not worth doing so.

The old adage being "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it."

So if all is well, game play is good, doubt that there is much to gained from the experiment.

My recommendation: do not do it. Find another way to...

Ralston18

Titan
I would not use the word "stupid". You have an idea and have asked the question. That is not "stupid".

However, blowing the AC directly into the pc is not recommended.

Doing so could cause condensation (water droplets forming on components), blow in more dust and debris, and disrupt beneficial/designed air flows within the PC.

What you might do, very carefully, is to orient the air flows from a distance (subjective) and monitor temperatures and performance.

But even then that is a risk and overall not worth doing so.

The old adage being "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it."

So if all is well, game play is good, doubt that there is much to gained from the experiment.

My recommendation: do not do it. Find another way to do away with the boredom.

A good way to do that is to find something nice to do for someone and surprise them accordingly.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution