Question Would it be possible to install a BIOS on a motherboard with the same chipset but different model?

Sep 4, 2021
Hello everyone, I have a question to ask. Would it be possible to use a BIOS on a motherboard that has the same chipset but is branded as a different model. I know it sounds stupid, but I want to test it. The motherboard involved is an ASRock Z490 Taichi. The motherboard BIOS I want to to update it with is from an ASRock Z490 Extreme4. For anyone wondering I heard the latter mobo's BIOS comes with ASRock's BFB technology (Base Frequency Boost). Thanks for reading!

USAFRet

Titan
Hello everyone, I have a question to ask. Would it be possible to use a BIOS on a motherboard that has the same chipset but is branded as a different model. I know it sounds stupid, but I want to test it. The motherboard involved is an ASRock Z490 Taichi. The motherboard BIOS I want to to update it with is from an ASRock Z490 Extreme4. For anyone wondering I heard the latter mobo's BIOS comes with ASRock's BFB technology (Base Frequency Boost). Thanks for reading!
Well, that's a good way to brick an expensive part.

TRENDING THREADS