[SOLVED] Would it be worth it the upgrade?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello guys. I have been having problems with performance with my actual rig:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600
GPU - MSI Gtx 1660 TI Gaming X
MOBO - Asrock AB350M Pro4
RAM - Corsair LPX 16gb 2x8 2400MHz CL16
PSU - Nox urano 650w 80+ bronze

And i thought it could be because of the RAM speeds but i am starting to doubt it's that, so i would love to ask you guys what do you think on the three choices i have.

Choice 1:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600
GPU - Sapphire RX 5700 XT or RX Vega 64

Choice 2:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600
RAM - G-Skill Trident Z RGB (AMD) 3200MHz 16Gb 2x8

Choice 3:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600

These are my choices in my current budget. In advance, i won't overclock the ryzen past 3.9 since for some reason it crashes my computer, even with 1.40v.

Thank you in advance guys, if it's possible i would need to know what to do today.

Edit: I have an SSD M.2. Intel SSD 5 512Gb

Last edited:
Solution
I am not playing at 4k, my monitor doesn't support that resolution. And how can i check if i am running supersampling? is that in the Nvidia CP? And i planned to go for some 3000Mhz RAM sticks already, should it be a good choice?
Supersampling runs the game at for example 4K and downscales it to 1080p. Should be in your nvidia settings.

Is, just check they’re Ryzen compatable. I’ve switched to X570 when I shrunk my PC amd had a nightmare with RAM BSODs. Had to buy a new set, just find your motherboard on the manufacturers website and look for RAM comparability. Something I should have done.

Also a new power supply wouldn’t be a bad idea.
A good unit should last you another 2/3 upgrades before you’re thinking about swapping it...
Hello, before we talk about choices let's talk about a new power supply yes? it's very poor quality if you need a budget PSU get the Corsair CX (make sure it's the newer CX) if you have a little more money to spend get the Seasonic Focus plus gold.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello, before we talk about choices let's talk about a new power supply yes? it's very poor quality if you need a budget PSU get the Corsair CX (make sure it's the newer CX) if you have a little more money to spend get the Seasonic Focus plus gold.
Hello, thanks for your answer, but i am afraid it's out of my budget. I have max 270€ and i can get the GPU + RAM by refunding the current GPU i have. If the current PSU gives me any problems i will upgrade in a close future, but for now i hope it doesn't.

Hello, thanks for your answer, but i am afraid it's out of my budget. I have max 270€ and i can get the GPU + RAM by refunding the current GPU i have. If the current PSU gives me any problems i will upgrade in a close future, but for now i hope it doesn't.
According to some on the web, it has the specs more of a 450 then a 650 but I really want to stress get a little cheaper RAM and get an RX 5700 that should be enough money to get a good quality PSU.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
According to some on the web, it has the specs more of a 450 then a 650 but I really want to stress get a little cheaper RAM and get an RX 5700 that should be enough money to get a good quality PSU.
What RAM would you suggest getting? I just basically want to game 60FPS at ultra quality if possible at resolution 1920x1080.

Edit: Could it also be that my PSU is making my rig underperform? Because i upgraded my CPU and it's running, i'd say, worse than when i had my Ryzen 5 1400

Edit 2: I could also refund my current PSU since i have acquired it for not so long and buy the following PSU: Aerocool 750w KCAS GM 80+ Gold

Last edited:
Hello guys. I have been having problems with performance with my actual rig:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600

And i thought it could be because of the RAM speeds but i am starting to doubt it's that, so i would love to ask you guys what do you think on the three choices i have.

Choice 1:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600

Choice 2:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600

Choice 3:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600

These are my choices in my current budget. In advance, i won't overclock the ryzen past 3.9 since for some reason it crashes my computer, even with 1.40v.

Thank you in advance guys, if it's possible i would need to know what to do today.

Edit: I have an SSD M.2. Intel SSD 5 512Gb
What are the issues you’re having?

crashing is likely due to the motherboard

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
What are the issues you’re having?

crashing is likely due to the motherboard
I'm not really crashing. It seems like my PC is underperforming, like people with pretty much the same rig as mine is running games at higher frame rates and i struggle to get 60 FPS in most of the games they play. I have lots of stuttering, even with lower settings.

I'm not really crashing. It seems like my PC is underperforming, like people with pretty much the same rig as mine is running games at higher frame rates and i struggle to get 60 FPS in most of the games they play. I have lots of stuttering, even with lower settings.

I mean crashing with the OC. The board is a bottom of the barrel B board after all.

Check you’re not running supersampling and you’re not running games at 4K.
To be honest 2400Mhz ram is far too slow for Ryzen. 2666 is the minimum and 3000 is what I’d recommend. Personallt

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
I mean crashing with the OC. The board is a bottom of the barrel B board after all.

Check you’re not running supersampling and you’re not running games at 4K.
To be honest 2400Mhz ram is far too slow for Ryzen. 2666 is the minimum and 3000 is what I’d recommend. Personallt
I am not playing at 4k, my monitor doesn't support that resolution. And how can i check if i am running supersampling? is that in the Nvidia CP? And i planned to go for some 3000Mhz RAM sticks already, should it be a good choice?

Supersampling runs the game at for example 4K and downscales it to 1080p. Should be in your nvidia settings.

Is, just check they’re Ryzen compatable. I’ve switched to X570 when I shrunk my PC amd had a nightmare with RAM BSODs. Had to buy a new set, just find your motherboard on the manufacturers website and look for RAM comparability. Something I should have done.

A good unit should last you another 2/3 upgrades before you’re thinking about swapping it out. Most have 5-10 year warranties.

Reactions: rochismo
Solution

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019

A good unit should last you another 2/3 upgrades before you’re thinking about swapping it out. Most have 5-10 year warranties.

Thanks for the suggestion i tried looking up the ram compatibilty but i really don't understand how it works, as in for the modules, some help with it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion i tried looking up the ram compatibilty but i really don't understand how it works, as in for the modules, some help with it would be appreciated.
Well the RAM I ended up with isn’t exactly cheap but will work so could suggest that?
Otherwise look at PC part picker, find some RAM and find the part number (should be on the PC part picker page), open up the document with compatible sticks on it and just look for the part number. Should be arranged vertically by speed then brand.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Well the RAM I ended up with isn’t exactly cheap but will work so could suggest that?
Otherwise look at PC part picker, find some RAM and find the part number (should be on the PC part picker page), open up the document with compatible sticks on it and just look for the part number. Should be arranged vertically by speed then brand.
I will go with the G.Skill trident Z 16gb 2x8 CL15, theorically it should work fine with my MOBO right?

TRENDING THREADS