[SOLVED] Would it be Worth it to RMA my Thermaltake V200 RGB Case so I/O All Ports work

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Hi All

Would it be worth it to RMA my Thermaltake V200 RGB Case to get the I/O ports replaced, as 2nd USB 2.0 doesn't work, when i connect to that one, all usb devices disconnect. I feel it would be too costly, local PC shop stated it was working before i picked it up..

Or should i just manage without that port, til in the future i can afford a even better case

Solution
Ohh didn't think of it might be motherboard, well in that case not sure how i'd check that, still a noob with hardware a bit lol, Motherboard is Gigabyte B460M-DS3H, I just assumed it was the case, but not 100 percent sure if it is or isn't

USB ports are particularly troublesome to diagnose. When you say all USB devices disconnect when using that port, is that all the USB devices connected to the same USB header or is that including USB devices connected to the back ports on the motherboard I/O? If the problem is only with the ports connected to the same USB 2.0 header as the problematic port is connected to, you may be able to try connected the case USB front panel ports to a different header should this motherboard...

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
June 2020 Bought at the local shop, didn't use that 2nd usb 2.0 port right away back then, the top front of case one, i know my fault for not checking the port sooner, and getting it fixed right away back then, so probably too late to take it back, and get a newer one at this point.

Guess when i get some funds again, can purchase the newer version V250 RGB case, and transfer all the hardware this time myself, then make sure i test everything

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Ohh didn't think of it might be motherboard, well in that case not sure how i'd check that, still a noob with hardware a bit lol, Motherboard is Gigabyte B460M-DS3H, I just assumed it was the case, but not 100 percent sure if it is or isn't

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

USB ports are particularly troublesome to diagnose. When you say all USB devices disconnect when using that port, is that all the USB devices connected to the same USB header or is that including USB devices connected to the back ports on the motherboard I/O? If the problem is only with the ports connected to the same USB 2.0 header as the problematic port is connected to, you may be able to try connected the case USB front panel ports to a different header should this motherboard have another available USB 2.0 header (I don't remember off-hand if this motherboard has one). If all the motherboard ports aren't working, it's much less likely to be a physical problem with the USB port on the case, but an issue with the chipset's USB controller.

If everything else works otherwise, I'd definitely consider whether replacing either the case or the motherboard is worth the time and effort. This motherboard has four USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports on the I/O panel itself and each one has much, much more bandwidth than a USB 2.0 port, so it may just make sense to get a little USB hub and connect it to one of those ports. It's much less of a headache.

Solution

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
All USB Devices i believe connected to the front ports, where the ones that disconnect.

Do have a USB 3.0 hub that i purchased for birthday, bluetooth 5.0 works fine off the motherboards second internal port, Rear motherboard ports seem to be working just fine. And do agree less of a headache to transfer all hardware to a replacement case when i can probably just manage with the bought usb hub after all.

Except my Gamepad won't work off the Hub, and Logitech Headset won't charge off the USB 3.0 hub, but only a minor issue there

Otherwise everything else seems to work, don't have a long enough cable to test the Ethernet adapter, but all other ports seem to be working fine

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi All

Would it be worth it to RMA my Thermaltake V200 RGB Case to get the I/O ports replaced, as 2nd USB 2.0 doesn't work, when i connect to that one, all usb devices disconnect. I feel it would be too costly, local PC shop stated it was working before i picked it up..

Or should i just manage without that port, til in the future i can afford a even better case
Both USB 2.0 ports should be on the same connector to the motherboard.

If you don't need it I would not stress over it but that is up to you.