[SOLVED] Would it be worth it to upgrade my laptop from pentium 2020m to Core i7-2630QM

5leadgaming

Honorable
Oct 31, 2017
Would it be worth it to upgrade my laptop from pentium 2020m to Core i7-2630QM, I only need it to be able to play a few light games, It has 8gb ram It,s just i can get that i7 for £22 which is fairly cheap, just wondering if it would be worth the upgrade, unsure about the temperature tho because it is a 35w cpu to a 45w cpu and it currently idles at about 45c

Solution
Toshiba unlike lenovo and dell likes to sometimes not add cpu microcode of upgradable i7 , this means you can find bios mod for it or add the microcode yourself to the firmware and flash the bios. I meant for cpus which are supported by the chipset, they just want to deny that from you.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
It's impossible to upgrade the cpu and gpu in laptops.

1 or 2 exceptions exist but those laptops already come with very powerful hardware that most people wouldn't need to upgrade anyway.

for example: this

If it was a PC, you could upgrade it without any problem but since that's a laptop, you just can't.

5leadgaming

Honorable
Oct 31, 2017
I am aware of this being a stupendously late reply, but as being on lock down has me online more, i came back to this, I have 4 laptops within my house, all of them have cpus of which are upgradeable, 3 are Intel and 1 is AMD. The laptop I was talking about in this post is a Toshiba Satellite C70-A-108, this too is upgradeable, I have still not upgraded the cpu as I have found I am not using it nearly as much as I thought I would, but it is in-face upgradable.

Toshiba unlike lenovo and dell likes to sometimes not add cpu microcode of upgradable i7 , this means you can find bios mod for it or add the microcode yourself to the firmware and flash the bios. I meant for cpus which are supported by the chipset, they just want to deny that from you.

Reactions: 5leadgaming
Solution