Question Would it be worthwhile combining a GTX 1060 with a RTX 3060 Ti ?

mikechance8391

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
Hi i just bought a new RTX 3060 Ti. So now I'm wondering if there would be any benefit to combine it with my old 1060 6gb so it would become a dual GPU setup. I only play games, so would there be any performance gain from doing this?

With SLi you had to use 2 of the same gpu. SLi is basically dead at this point and neither card supports it.

There was the ability to use a separate card for PhysX but again it’s dead. This could use different cards but they needed to still be close in performance otherwise there would be a performance hit and not a gain.

So no way to use these 2 for improving gaming performance.

Reactions: KyaraM
Hi i just bought a new RTX 3060 Ti. So now I'm wondering if there would be any benefit to combine it with my old 1060 6gb so it would become a dual GPU setup. I only play games, so would there be any performance gain from doing this?
No benefit in games as they cannot be used together. It would only be beneficial if you wanted to run productivity workloads that benefit from the 1060 while gaming but it sounds like you have no intention of doing that.

In your case it serves no obvious purpose and would only make the 3060 Ti run hotter by obstructing airflow.