[SOLVED] would it fit?

Solution
The gpu isn't the cpu. You can't just swap coolers with any old cooler, doesn't work that way.

For starters, you have the heatsink. That's hot an area that's dented for the gpu to make direct touch. Then you have the VRM's and memory that also have a dent on the heatsink to make direct touch. Reference boards are similar in that all 3 of those components are in the same place, pste used on the gpu and pads used on the vrms/vram.

And then there's the 20 odd screws used to hold down the heatsink on top of the pcb, which may or may not line up. Some cards use an 8pin, some 2x6pin for the same power usage.

There's no one-size-fits all heatsink, and honestly no real reason to change the actual heatsink.

You'd at a minimum need to know...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The gpu isn't the cpu. You can't just swap coolers with any old cooler, doesn't work that way.

For starters, you have the heatsink. That's hot an area that's dented for the gpu to make direct touch. Then you have the VRM's and memory that also have a dent on the heatsink to make direct touch. Reference boards are similar in that all 3 of those components are in the same place, pste used on the gpu and pads used on the vrms/vram.

And then there's the 20 odd screws used to hold down the heatsink on top of the pcb, which may or may not line up. Some cards use an 8pin, some 2x6pin for the same power usage.

There's no one-size-fits all heatsink, and honestly no real reason to change the actual heatsink.

You'd at a minimum need to know if the G1 was a reference card, if the replacement was a reference card and if not which cards have identical pcbs and which are custom and which custom are the same.

Solution

Yasser85

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
twitch.tv
Why? Is the existing heatsink in some way broken? If it's just an issue with the fans, then you should just replace those.
fans broken and screws were ruined when they tried to unscrew them so we can't remove the fans "cage" off of the heatsink .. need to replace both.

Possibly,but can you find the heatsink/cooler from your exact same card on your local used market?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GIGABYTE-W...367080?hash=item2aeb4dbde8:g:NqsAAOSwvide74Xi
i'm looking but this shop sent me the picture i attached saying it will work so i wanted to know it that's true .. i'm still looking.. i don't know if i can just buy anything from amazon. i'll keep looking

Reactions: Dj0gany
fans broken and screws were ruined when they tried to unscrew them so we can't remove the fans "cage" off of the heatsink .. need to replace both.

i'm looking but this shop sent me the picture i attached saying it will work so i wanted to know it that's true .. i'm still looking.. i don't know if i can just buy anything from amazon. i'll keep looking
If it worked for them,you can go to their shop and see it yourself.