[SOLVED] Would like some advice pls...

SPECOPS70

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Hello all.

I have 4 monitors hooked up to my pc. specs in sig. I have an awesome 32 inch 4k just sitting around in my closet. If I wanted to hook it up to my pc for a fifth monitor, is there a way to do it without it losing much performance? do not want to buy a new gpu with these prices nowadays. any advice would be great. thx

Solution
The website for that product states (4) monitors at the maximum:

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING Z 6G

It would seem obvious that this is a limitation based on the number of actual connectors on the card, which is also (4).

The R7 3700X does not have iGPU, so you cannot use the motherboards output for video, assuming that would even work if you did.

You might explore your motherboard manual to see if you can utilize other methods like "USB-C" or a USB hub to add another outlet for monitor. I didn't look.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The website for that product states (4) monitors at the maximum:

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING Z 6G

It would seem obvious that this is a limitation based on the number of actual connectors on the card, which is also (4).

The R7 3700X does not have iGPU, so you cannot use the motherboards output for video, assuming that would even work if you did.

You might explore your motherboard manual to see if you can utilize other methods like "USB-C" or a USB hub to add another outlet for monitor. I didn't look.

Solution