Question Would like some help and or tips for a fresh PC

Apr 5, 2019
My friend wants a new computer that can manage to run most of the modern games and aren't looking for any High-End specs.

Origin: Sweden
He has a price pool he's willing to spend of: 5000 euro.
Everything but the Graphic card needs to be replaced, even a new case is needed.
What i feel he should have At Least would be: (2x8)16 GM Ram 4 DDR, I4 and VS650 (PCU)
("Sold" him my GTX 970 Graphic Card which he hasn't paid me yet but that time will come)

Since it's closing in to the end of 2019 i feel like a bunch of new stuff enters the market, other "new items" are dropping in prices and sales goes crazy, and this is somewhat the right moment to buy parts or build a PC. But since i barely know anything i need the help of people that are more into these kind of things.

Thank you before hand.

Lutfij

Titan
Not a fan of the VS Series of PSU's from Corsair. In that regards, the CX would get my vote if the TX or RM series isn't available for purchase. What are the specs of the current system? You posted in the Prebuilt section which will lead me to ask which prebuilt system your friend owns at the moment...?

Apr 5, 2019
Not a fan of the VS Series of PSU's from Corsair. In that regards, the CX would get my vote if the TX or RM series isn't available for purchase. What are the specs of the current system? You posted in the Prebuilt section which will lead me to ask which prebuilt system your friend owns at the moment...?
It's like from 2008 or smth like that
4bQpZJf.png

And i'm waiting for a response from my friend.

Apr 5, 2019
Where would you suggest i post a thread for other answers if this isn't the correct one?

My friend wants a new computer that can manage to run most of the modern games and aren't looking for any High-End specs.

Origin: Sweden
He has a price pool he's willing to spend of: 5000 euro.
Everything but the Graphic card needs to be replaced, even a new case is needed.
What i feel he should have At Least would be: (2x8)16 GM Ram 4 DDR, I4 and VS650 (PCU)
("Sold" him my GTX 970 Graphic Card which he hasn't paid me yet but that time will come)

Since it's closing in to the end of 2019 i feel like a bunch of new stuff enters the market, other "new items" are dropping in prices and sales goes crazy, and this is somewhat the right moment to buy parts or build a PC. But since i barely know anything i need the help of people that are more into these kind of things.

Thank you before hand.

Look in the systems forum for some builds, for that budget that looks like a higher end system, 970 card would be a waste there really.

Apr 5, 2019
Look in the systems forum for some builds, for that budget that looks like a higher end system, 970 card would be a waste there really.
I'm asking because i don't have that kind of experience and i don't think so because 2070 is the one to upgrade if you want a better graphic card in tldr.

I'm asking because i don't have that kind of experience and i don't think so because 2070 is the one to upgrade if you want a better graphic card in tldr.

For the price given for the system, a 1070/2070 card is just fine to use in it, or a Radeon RX 590. Using a 2 gen old card in a high end system is a bit off.

You will find tons of system suggestions in the systems forums, and online in general. If you don't have much experience in systems and neither does your friend, you may be better off having someone else build the system or get a pre-build. Will be losing about $200 in value but you will not have a risk of killing a CPU or something if it gets plugged in wrong.

Apr 5, 2019
For the price given for the system, a 1070/2070 card is just fine to use in it, or a Radeon RX 590. Using a 2 gen old card in a high end system is a bit off.

You will find tons of system suggestions in the systems forums, and online in general. If you don't have much experience in systems and neither does your friend, you may be better off having someone else build the system or get a pre-build. Will be losing about $200 in value but you will not have a risk of killing a CPU or something if it gets plugged in wrong.
Building it is easy imo, finding the parts is the hard part.

Building it is easy imo, finding the parts is the hard part.

I don't know about that, parts you can find in a web search in 10 minutes, type in "best PC build for xxxx money" and you get 30 options to pick from, likely many leading back to these forums. Actually installing the hardware is where knowledge and experience comes in. A person can pick out parts without knowing anything about putting together a computer, it is much harder to do it the other way around since you are actually doing the work. It's like being able to watch a TV show vs knowing how to make one. Anyone can be told "go watch this show it's good", same thing with computer parts.

TRENDING THREADS