Question Would like to know if this GPU will fit in my case with my parts, checked Newegg and saw no problems, looking for extra assurances

poodude28

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2014
PC Builder doesn't mention anything about it not fitting, so I'm assuming this will be fine, just looking for opinions before I end up having to return the GPU because it won't fit. Everything I have in my case currently fits perfectly fine, and it looks like I have plenty of room in my case for the GPU replacement when I look inside of my tower (I currently have a 1660S in there), I'd just like some assurances. As seen in the image, my case is the NX310 ATX mid tower case. I'm also replacing my Thermaltake TR2 PSU with that EVGA SuperNOVA.

Thanks.

View: https://imgur.com/a/u4w8oL9

Last edited:
PC Builder doesn't mention anything about it not fitting, so I'm assuming this will be fine, just looking for opinions before I end up having to return the GPU because it won't fit. Everything I have in my case currently fits perfectly fine, and it looks like I have plenty of room in my case for the GPU replacement when I look inside of my tower (I currently have a 1660S in there), I'd just like some assurances. As seen in the image, my case is the NX310 ATX mid tower case. I'm also replacing my Thermaltake TR2 PSU with that EVGA SuperNOVA.

Thanks.

View: https://imgur.com/a/u4w8oL9
Just curious the reason you picked an i7 9700k if you're buying from newegg. I understand not everyone has budget for the newest, but what you have picked out is worse than some of the new mid range stuff. It also appears to be more than double the price of a better CPU like the i5-12400f at $150-160, though that is mainly because it's third party sellers with the 9700k.

Last edited:

poodude28

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2014
Just curious the reason you picked an i7 9700k if you're buying from newegg. I understand not everyone has budget for the newest, but what you have picked out is worse than some of the new mid range stuff. It also appears to be more than double the price of a better CPU like the i5-12400f at $150-160, though that is mainly because it's third party sellers with the 9700k.
I've had all of the parts in that image for like a year and a half except for the PSU and GPU (upgrading both into what's there) that's why I've got a 9700k. I had it there so that people could have a proper go at telling me whether or not my GPU upgrade will fit. Plus I've had the motherboard in that image for around the same time as the processor, that also had to do with it. Essentially making that GPU and PSU my last upgrade, and from that point I'm just going to save for a new computer, no use upgrading the motherboard and processor again. Currently I have a 1660S, and the 9700k was a good pick for it at the time especially considering the 12400f wasn't even out at the time.

Last edited: