Question Would love help to upgrade my rig

Nov 6, 2022
So I've got the following set-up:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 6 Núcleo(s)
GPU: RTX 2070
Motherboard: PRIME A320M-K/BR

What should I prioritize to upgrade? I'm not too worried about budget (that said, don't want to spend thousands) and I'd like to set myself up for 3-4 years

Balefire

Reputable
Oct 18, 2020
a 2070 is pretty much an upper midrange card nowadays, so if you playing at 1080 or 1440, it's probably fine.

the 3600 might be a bit slow for the next 4 years but I doubt it.

Honestly your rig as is would likely give you a mid to lower-mid range experiance for the next 5 years - barring any major leap forwards in tech.

If you're dead set on upgrading though, i would recomend leaving your gpu as is or maybe trying to pick up a discounted 3070, if you really want to.

but for the cpu, its a bit more complicated.

currently intel 13th gen lets you use ddr4, so if you upgrade to dd4 you'll need to buy a new cpu and mobo but not ram.
if you upgrade to ryzen 7000 then you'll need to buy a new cpu, mobo, and ram. which is not cheap since ddr5 is expensive.
even ryzen 5000 might be out o the question for you since i'm pretty sure the 320 mobo isn't suported by it.

if I had to make a cpu upgrade recomendation, maybe get a new ryzen 7000 cpu in the new year once prices drop a bit, AMD says AM5 will be valid for at least 2-3 more generations so that's maybe 6 years if you lucky. at that point in time you can get a new cpu and new gpu since you'll already have the motherboard and ram.

TRENDING THREADS