[SOLVED] would moving Pc setup damage the components?

Oct 7, 2019
Hello, do you think moving my setup once every week from one house to another in a van, would make anything take damage? I always put the computer back in its original casing, along with my keyboard, and i put some kind of ''plastic hat'' on top of my monitor so it does not get any scratches when it stands in the back of the van. I move it around once a week since my parents are divorced...

Do you think anything would take damage from this in the long term?

Solution
...if the contacts did loosen up, it wouldn't damage the computer permanently... right?
it would depend on which component had come loose. if it's a power cable, it could potentially cause a short that could burn out the individual hardware being powered or the power supply. if it's a hardware component that's come loose from the motherboard; like RAM, M.2, etc it could potentially burn out the component or cause damage to the motherboard.
as long as it is moved and placed with some care there should be no problem from the light force of being picked up/set down over and over. one precaution i may take is making sure all cables and cards are seated properly every few weeks. the vibrations from transport could potentially loosen some contacts.

Reactions: Markus15511
Oct 7, 2019
as long as it is moved and placed with some care there should be no problem from the light force of being picked up/set down over and over. one precaution i may take is making sure all cables and cards are seated properly every few weeks. the vibrations from transport could potentially loosen some contacts.
Oh okay, i will try to do that then. I just don't really know how to check that, but i will try to do that thanks! But if the contacts did loosen up, it wouldn't damage the computer permanently... right?

...if the contacts did loosen up, it wouldn't damage the computer permanently... right?
it would depend on which component had come loose. if it's a power cable, it could potentially cause a short that could burn out the individual hardware being powered or the power supply. if it's a hardware component that's come loose from the motherboard; like RAM, M.2, etc it could potentially burn out the component or cause damage to the motherboard.

Solution