• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Would my BIOS support a CPU?

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
I've done the research, and here's everything:

HP ProBook 455 G1

All AMD models use the same motherboard, and it supports the A8-4500m (current CPU) And the HP configurer allows an upgrade to an A10-5750m. Is it reasonable to think that if I dropped in the 5750m, it would work? Or is there a BIOS option I'd have to modify?

hang-the-9

Titan
If the laptop shows that the A10 is an option, it will work. Update the BIOS first though.
The other question you want to ask yourself, is that upgrade worth the risk of killing you system if something gets messed up?

hang-the-9

Titan
If the laptop shows that the A10 is an option, it will work. Update the BIOS first though.
The other question you want to ask yourself, is that upgrade worth the risk of killing you system if something gets messed up?

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013

True. I'd rather not kill it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS