[SOLVED] Would my current build support RTX3060Ti and 4k OLED tv?

lucky1489

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2014
Hi guys. So I updated most parts of my pc when my motherboard died in late 2019. Basically the only major component kept was the power supply and GPU (an old AMD R9 280X). Down the road when the GPU situation hopefully gets better, I was thinking of getting a decent OLED tv like the LG CX and pair my pc with it. I know I need hdmi 2.1 which is why I'm looking at the RTX 3060Ti. Would my current setup be able to support these two? Currently have these:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3rd gen
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
RAM: Vengeance Pro 2X8GB DDR4

I'm just a casual sports/FPS gamer and like movies if that helps with determining any other GPUs that might be recommended. Thanks guys!

Hi guys. So I updated most parts of my pc when my motherboard died in late 2019. Basically the only major component kept was the power supply and GPU (an old AMD R9 280X). Down the road when the GPU situation hopefully gets better, I was thinking of getting a decent OLED tv like the LG CX and pair my pc with it. I know I need hdmi 2.1 which is why I'm looking at the RTX 3060Ti. Would my current setup be able to support these two? Currently have these:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3rd gen
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
RAM: Vengeance Pro 2X8GB DDR4

I'm just a casual sports/FPS gamer and like movies if that helps with determining any other GPUs that might be recommended. Thanks guys!
The GPU can send the signal you need to the tv. The question is- does the power supply support the GPU? It depends on the brand, specific model and age of the PSU. You listed everything else. Why did you leave out the PSU?

Reactions: spentshells