Would my current system specs be decent for a Triple Monitor Display?

Citizen SLI

Honorable
Jan 12, 2015
I plan on using my tax refund for some nice triple display for my computer. I currently have one ASUS VE278Q (Link) and I was planning to either get two more or get 3 new 27' displays with thinner frames. Eventually I'd like to upgrade some things in my build. Maybe the next refund season? :p

I current setup at home *typing this from work* is--
CPU: AMD FX-8150 Link
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Link
PSU: Ultra X4 1050 watt modular PSU Link
Video Card: EVGA GTX 680 4GB FTW+ Link
RAM: I can't currently find my RAM as the page is missing. But, I know I have 32gb of DDR3 1600 RAM that I bought on a sale. :p

With these specs, do you think I would have any trouble running triple 27 inch displays? Should I look into a new monitor or monitor(s)?

Solution
Your system can handle three displays just fine as long as you have proper cables/adapters for your GPU. As long as you are not gaming, the performance impact will be negligible.
If you play games (using all three monitors) you will experience a sizeable drop in performance since your computer will need to do roughly 3 times as much work. Whether that drop will be noticeable depends entirely on what games you play and what settings you use. If you can get a good price on a used 680 4gb ($230?), you could significantly increase gaming performance using SLI. I wouldn't spend more than the cost of a GTX 970, though. You may also want to wait for the new AMD gpus to be released as they tend to work better for high resolutions.
Your system can handle three displays just fine as long as you have proper cables/adapters for your GPU. As long as you are not gaming, the performance impact will be negligible.
If you play games (using all three monitors) you will experience a sizeable drop in performance since your computer will need to do roughly 3 times as much work. Whether that drop will be noticeable depends entirely on what games you play and what settings you use. If you can get a good price on a used 680 4gb ($230?), you could significantly increase gaming performance using SLI. I wouldn't spend more than the cost of a GTX 970, though. You may also want to wait for the new AMD gpus to be released as they tend to work better for high resolutions.

Solution

Citizen SLI

Honorable
Jan 12, 2015

Thanks to a coming tax refund I will look into either another 680 or maybe another video card altogether. I DO plan on using the triple display for gaming. Once I saw what could be done with them, I knew I wanted to at least give them a try. And hey, if I don't like them, I still have triple displays for documents, youtube and still 1 screen for gaming. =D

GeForce Junky

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
I use 680 2GB SLI for 3x27". My current setup works fairly well for 5840x1080, but I do have to be careful with newer games and VRAM usage. I wouldn't want any less power than 2 680's though. Older racing and sim games would be ok, but games like BF4, Far Cry and Arma really need the GPU power.