Question Would my laptop's motherboard drive these headphones?

Serisly

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
I am getting a Sennheiser Game One and I have a ProBook 4540s for now. Would my laptop even drive these? is it dangerous to try to drive these on my laptop (dangerous for the headphones)? Sorry if this is off-topic. I did a little digging and it seems like the audio for this laptop is IDT 92HD87 High Definition codec

I don't know what made you think there's a possible hazard in connecting new devices on older devices. As we speak, I have a ProBook 4540s standing next to me. I hate them with a passion, but that's past experience.

There's not going to be any issues whatsoever connecting your headphones to your laptop, unless the port is causing short circuit. But that should break any device connected to said port.

tl;dr: No.

Serisly

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
I don't know what made you think there's a possible hazard in connecting new devices on older devices. As we speak, I have a ProBook 4540s standing next to me. I hate them with a passion, but that's past experience.

There's not going to be any issues whatsoever connecting your headphones to your laptop, unless the port is causing short circuit. But that should break any device connected to said port.

tl;dr: No.
Thank you for your response to my dumb question XD. I've seen a lot of people say, and insinuate, that good headphones like the Sennheiser Game ONE for example, need an external soundcard or at least good onboard audio to be driven. Which made me real paranoid.

Thank you for your response to my dumb question XD. I've seen a lot of people say, and insinuate, that good headphones like the Sennheiser Game ONE for example, need an external soundcard or at least good onboard audio to be driven. Which made me real paranoid.
Ah, right. They must mean that you'd have to use an external amp/DAC. It doesn't mean it'll break your headphones though. It'll just sound less good than it could (theoretically). No worries though. Better to be safe than sorry, right? :)