[SOLVED] Would my motherboard be damaged?

Solution
I removed a few cables from the monitor since they were malfunctioning, my hz dropped from 144hz to 100hz. Now, I over clocked my monitor
So instead of replacing the damaged cable with a similar one you just used the cheapest possible cable and overclocked your monitor.
You shouldn't do that. Use the proper cable.
(This is the monitor I have btw https://www.amazon.com/LG-27GL83A-B...ywords=lg+monitor+144hz&qid=1617722643&sr=8-6) For some reason after I removed a few cables from the monitor since they were malfunctioning, my hz dropped from 144hz to 100hz. Now, I over clocked my monitor to 130 hz but I am just curious if it will damage my motherboard.
I think that nothing you do to your monitor that would be considered "normal operation"....should damage your motherboard.

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
I removed a few cables from the monitor since they were malfunctioning, my hz dropped from 144hz to 100hz. Now, I over clocked my monitor
So instead of replacing the damaged cable with a similar one you just used the cheapest possible cable and overclocked your monitor.
You shouldn't do that. Use the proper cable.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution