[SOLVED] Would my psu be able to handle a gtx 1060

Oct 31, 2021
gtx I have just orderd a few minutes ago the ASUS dual fan1060 3gb , on their site they recommend a 500w psu , my psu is a 450w ,not a very good but its still a branded one , my others specs are: I3 8100 and 12 gb ram in dual chanel (4+8 gb) , my motherboard is a mATX , link here if needed: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-H310M-K/
I have used many "Psu calculators" and with everything added , all of them said i would need about 300w , i would like to know your opinion on this (also i do not plan on doing any overclocking whatsoever)

my psu is a 450w ,not a very good but its still a branded one
Your PSU has 324W on 12V rails. So essentially it is ~350W PSU.

15870611519nxH3.png

DSzymborski

Titan
It seems odd to ask the question about whether something is a good idea after there's any chance of changing your decision.

I personally would not hook up one of those junk PSUs to anything more powerful than a ham sandwich. Using a junk PSU sold by scammers is going to be a risky proposition.

Reactions: LGuy
Oct 31, 2021
It seems odd to ask the question about whether something is a good idea after there's any chance of changing your decision.

I personally would not hook up one of those junk PSUs to anything more powerful than a ham sandwich. Using a junk PSU sold by scammers is going to be a risky proposition.
well it is a pre-build , i just wanted to upgrade the gpu , the pre-build originally came with a gt 1030 then i upgraded to a rx 460 and now i wanted to upgrade to a gtx 1060 , i guess i should've known