Aug 21, 2018
Hi, i'd like to upragde my rig this month or couple days after the next month
My current pc specs:

Mainboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING
Procesor: Intel Core i7-6700K
Power Supply: Corsair RM550X 550W
RAM: 16gb dd4 3000

To that pc i'd like to add rtx 2080.
I checked if 1080ti would be running on my power supply aaand i would just barely make it run.
So besides power supply, would my CPU be good for rtx 2080 ?
I don't know how to check it according to 1080ti so here i am asking you :D

For the power supply i want to buy Corsair RM750x 750W

I'm asking if the CPU will be good, because i heard somewhere that you'd need good CPU to be able to run that new graphics.
I don't know if that was just a plot or something..
..who asks, doesn't stray. Better be sure than lost in void :D

If there's more you need to know, tell me.

Solution
There is a video from Linus Tech Tips, where he explains the problematic of bottlenecking.

But in short, you will always have bottlenecking, even if you buy the most expensive CPU and GPU.

Now to your question, will the 6700k be enough, Yes 100%.
Would you get like 10-15 more FPS if you go for 8700k, Yes, sure you would but would it be worth spending the money, No unless you are a fanatic, which doesn't seem to be the case.

So IMHO it is not worth for you upgrading the CPU at this stage.

I am running a 4770k with a GTX980Ti which is more or less the same difference you will have 6700k with RTX2080.
I can assure you, you will not be disappointed.

Have a good one ;)

siles2004

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
There is a video from Linus Tech Tips, where he explains the problematic of bottlenecking.

But in short, you will always have bottlenecking, even if you buy the most expensive CPU and GPU.

Now to your question, will the 6700k be enough, Yes 100%.
Would you get like 10-15 more FPS if you go for 8700k, Yes, sure you would but would it be worth spending the money, No unless you are a fanatic, which doesn't seem to be the case.

So IMHO it is not worth for you upgrading the CPU at this stage.

I am running a 4770k with a GTX980Ti which is more or less the same difference you will have 6700k with RTX2080.
I can assure you, you will not be disappointed.

Have a good one ;)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS