Would putting my broken graphics card in the slot under my new working one hurt anything?

Giggity1

Commendable
Jun 11, 2017
My graphics card recently broke and im not really sure how but I wanted to know if putting it in the slot under the new graphics card for looks would cause any harm?

Solution
There would be no damage to your other components, if your card is only defect. However, if your card is experiencing a problem with power connection, or your card gets burnt, i would keep it put of my computer to prevent damaging the motherboard.

Also, i can't really see the point of having a broken graphics card taking up a PCI-E slot. There are only disadvantages by doing this

Andreas_98

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
There would be no damage to your other components, if your card is only defect. However, if your card is experiencing a problem with power connection, or your card gets burnt, i would keep it put of my computer to prevent damaging the motherboard.

Also, i can't really see the point of having a broken graphics card taking up a PCI-E slot. There are only disadvantages by doing this

Solution