[SOLVED] Would reflashing bios fix computer freezing when installing GPU Drivers?

kevindsouza113

Reputable
May 3, 2018
Hi All,

I built a new PC this month.
Complete System Specs
-CPU make and model# AMD Ryzen 7 3700x(Stock Clocks/Voltage, Stock Cooler)
-Motherboard make & model# Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra (Bios version F4i)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)G.skill Trident Z RGB 2x8gb 16GB CL17 3600Mhz/http://www.gskill.com/product/165/1...BDDR4-3600MHz-CL17-18-18-38-1.35V16GB-(2x8GB)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)Nvidia RTX 2060 Super Stock, no drivers installed.
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age Corsair RM750 2019, Brand New
-HDD/SSD configuration (1x 250GB Crucial MX500, 1x Crucial MX500 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 2tb 5400rpm
-Case/Chasis make,model# NZXT H500, 2x Front intakes 120mm, 2x rear exhaust 120mm
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version) Windows 10 Pro
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution LG 22MP68VQ, 22 Inch 1080p

It was working fine for a week or so. One day when I woke up my PC from sleep mode, it just froze, blank screen, display was on but blank and keyboard and mouse had no input. So I restarted and the same problem, I restarted again and windows initiated startup repair. It did some disk repair for OS Drive and the system booted into windows. Some of my apps and games were uninstalled, some werent. So I tried to run a game, and game glitched and weird buzzing sound came from my headphones.

I did a full clean reinstall of windows 10. Deleted all drive partitions etc. Now whenever I try to install GPU Drivers, the system just freezes. When I restart the computer, same thing. I am not able to get into windows until I go to a system restore point. I am able to properly install all drivers like chipset drivers, sound drivers, network and bluetooth drivers. Except for GPU drivers.

So far ive tried fixing this issue by the below methods but none of them have fixed it:

-Reseating the GPU
-Checking all power connectors are properly inserted
-Moving GPU from X16 to X8 slot
-Uninstalled drivers via DDU in safe mode & then reinstalling Nvidia drivers in normal mode.
-Booting with one stick of RAM
-Reinstalling windows on 500GB SSD & 2TB Mechanical drive instead of the default 250GB OS drive
-Reseating the RAM
-Clearing CMOS

I'm all out of ideas now and have contacted Nvidia for RMA. They are still trying to troubleshoot on their end but have not informed anything about RMA. Is there anything else I can try that could fix this? Could a bios reflash fix this or is some part faulty?