Would the "Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo CPU Cooler" be a suitable replacement for an old Intel Stock Cooler?

Pimpsqueak

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
I'm thinking of replacing my old Intel Stock Cooler and I was wondering if this Cooler (on sale atm) would be a suitable replacement.

Bonus: What's the best way of removing old Thermal Paste?

Edit: Realized I'm an idiot and forgot to mention my CPU. Intel Core-i5 4670K (LGA 1150). Not sure if Overclocked or not (as this was previously my Dad's computer and I haven't touched anything since) but I doubt it.

Solution
What platform? IOW: What CPU do you have right now? The TX3, while not the world's best cooler, should work for most CPUs if they aren't overclocked, or if they are, only with a mild overclock.

As to removing thermal paste... 90%+ Rubbing alcohol is the safest to use as the cleaning agent and some cotton balls and/or swabs. Wet them with the alcohol (enough to be wet, but not so much as to drip or if squeezed, a bunch comes out of it) and "scrub" until cleaned off. Let dry.

EDIT: "scrub" in this case is a bit more like polishing than trying to remove ground in dirt from a floor.
What platform? IOW: What CPU do you have right now? The TX3, while not the world's best cooler, should work for most CPUs if they aren't overclocked, or if they are, only with a mild overclock.

As to removing thermal paste... 90%+ Rubbing alcohol is the safest to use as the cleaning agent and some cotton balls and/or swabs. Wet them with the alcohol (enough to be wet, but not so much as to drip or if squeezed, a bunch comes out of it) and "scrub" until cleaned off. Let dry.

EDIT: "scrub" in this case is a bit more like polishing than trying to remove ground in dirt from a floor.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS