Would the Dell U2414H make a good gaming/eyefinity monitor?

Emberthel

Honorable
Nov 26, 2014
I'm trying to find a monitor to use for a x3 eyefinity, vesa mountable, dvi/display port, super slim bezel. Would the Dell U2414H work well for an eyefinity setup? Is 8ms bad and should I keep looking or is 8ms fine? Also is the monitor in general a good choice or should I find something else?

I don't play shooters on pc at all, mostly I play rpgs like skyrim and dragon age along with mmos. I also watch movies on my pc.

My GPU is an R9 280x.

Solution
I would go for it based almost on the bezel alone... Wish I had slim bezels like that when I was running triple 1080p.
I'm using a Qnix DP2710 PLS (A Korean 1440p). Depending on which seller your looking at it advertises a 16 or 8ms response time, and I have to say I cant see any difference compared to the TN (5ms) and IPS panels (6ms) on either side of it, both of which were my primary monitor for a long time.

Given your games of choice, the superior colour quality from an IPS panel will be better than the faster response times of TN I feel.
Dell make good monitors, I wouldnt be worried about that. The stand on those monitors is also going to be invaluable in a triple setup as well, take it from someone who has spare HDD's propping up...
I would go for it based almost on the bezel alone... Wish I had slim bezels like that when I was running triple 1080p.
I'm using a Qnix DP2710 PLS (A Korean 1440p). Depending on which seller your looking at it advertises a 16 or 8ms response time, and I have to say I cant see any difference compared to the TN (5ms) and IPS panels (6ms) on either side of it, both of which were my primary monitor for a long time.

Given your games of choice, the superior colour quality from an IPS panel will be better than the faster response times of TN I feel.
Dell make good monitors, I wouldnt be worried about that. The stand on those monitors is also going to be invaluable in a triple setup as well, take it from someone who has spare HDD's propping up one monitor so it lines up with the bottom of the other one :D.

Solution

Emberthel

Honorable
Nov 26, 2014

Thanks! I've been on Google so much the last week. I have an old dell(22") I was given several years ago for my primary monitor and a very very old hp(15") next to it, both are TN (I think). Definitely looking forward to getting new ones, hopefully someone puts this one on sale for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Thank you again! :D