[SOLVED] Would the one letter make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danjw91

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
So, after running ram tests and nothing was wrong I decided to buy ram to go to 32gb.. why not?

I looked at my old ram purchase and made sure I got exactly the same... So I thought.. the email and description was different to ones they sent years ago. However....

I ordered what I thought was the same and the only difference is the D and B.

CMK16GX4M2D3000C16
CMK16GX4M2B3000C16

Would that make a difference or are my sticks faulty?

I put them in, PC wouldn't start but managed to get it started. Pc told me to go BIOS as new memory/CPU detected. Again, wouldn't boot after coming out.

I ran memtest86 and within 35 seconds I had 32 errors and they kept going up and up and up so I stopped it. Booted and it said PC needs repairing in blue screen. <Mod Edit> that, powered off.

Took new ram out and ran PC, booted fine, ran 10 mins on memtest86 and no errors popped up. Went to bios and enabled XMP and it's now on desktop working fine

Is that letter difference the problem of incompatible components or are the sticks faulty?

Click here for memtest86 errors while new sticks were in

Last edited by a moderator:

danjw91

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
Please delete this. Rather than jump the gun I took my older ram out and put new ram in and when through the config and now running memtest86 and there is no errors like before

Status
Not open for further replies.