[SOLVED] Would the USB DAC for the Logitech G430/G230 work for a Logitech G Pro (non x)?

Aug 7, 2020
I'm curious if G Hub would detect my Logitech G Pro if I used a G430/G230 USB DAC. If it did detect it, would it be detected as the G Pro or just a G430/G230. Also if it does detect it as the 430 or 230 could I still apply equalizer profiles and would they work with my G Pro?

Solution
I know the system itself would detect it and the audio would work fine but I'm more curious how the Logitech G Hub software would treat it. The main thing I'd want to use it for would be to apply an equalizer profile specifically tailored towards the G Pro headset but I would be using a USB DAC made for the G430/G230s.

Yes that is what I said, the Logitech software will see the USB DAC the same way no matter what you have connected to it, you can change the options in the software the same way. The equalizer works on the DAC not on the headphones. You can adjust whatever you want in the software and it will apply it. Now if the software specifically looks for a model of the DAC before it can load some preset profile, that...
The computer detects the DAC, what you connect to it after the system does not care, it just sends the audio output to whatever is connected to it, speakers, headphones, wire a giraffe with a 3.5mm cable and all will get the same signal. If the headphones use a 3.5mm jack to the DAC then it's all the same.

Aug 7, 2020
The computer detects the DAC, what you connect to it after the system does not care, it just sends the audio output to whatever is connected to it, speakers, headphones, wire a giraffe with a 3.5mm cable and all will get the same signal. If the headphones use a 3.5mm jack to the DAC then it's all the same.
I know the system itself would detect it and the audio would work fine but I'm more curious how the Logitech G Hub software would treat it. The main thing I'd want to use it for would be to apply an equalizer profile specifically tailored towards the G Pro headset but I would be using a USB DAC made for the G430/G230s.

Yes that is what I said, the Logitech software will see the USB DAC the same way no matter what you have connected to it, you can change the options in the software the same way. The equalizer works on the DAC not on the headphones. You can adjust whatever you want in the software and it will apply it. Now if the software specifically looks for a model of the DAC before it can load some preset profile, that you need to either try it or check with Logitech support.

Solution
Aug 7, 2020
Yes that is what I said, the Logitech software will see the USB DAC the same way no matter what you have connected to it, you can change the options in the software the same way. The equalizer works on the DAC not on the headphones. You can adjust whatever you want in the software and it will apply it. Now if the software specifically looks for a model of the DAC before it can load some preset profile, that you need to either try it or check with Logitech support.
ohhhh ok I understand now.
Thanks for the response