[SOLVED] Would these PC components make up a good gaming computer on a budget?

Sep 27, 2020
Hello, I am about to order my first self designed gaming PC, and don't possess the desired knowledge to know if these components would make up a good computer (on a budget tho), and would therefore like to ask some people who know more about the subject than I do.

This PC costs 1128 $ from Shark Gaming.

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600KF Processor (tray)
Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M S2V 2.0 Motherboard (here I am split between this model and the ASUS Prime H310M-K R2.0)
Graphics card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX1660 SUPER O6G GAMING Graphics card
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 2666MHz RAM
Power supply: Shark Gaming Bloodpump 500W Bronze Certified (88%)
System disk: Shark Gaming 480 GB SSD
Storage disk: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3,5" 7200 RPM HDD
Wireless network card: ASUS USB-N13 V2 300Mbps
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Air-cooling
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro is included in the price.

Sidenote: (I do have some basic know-how about computers, but just not enough.)

I am very excited to hopefully get some help.
And thank you in advance:)

Last edited:
Solution
The case is a Svive Halo S650.
Forgot the case, my bad.

Thanks for the reply.
You mentioned changing the GPU, can you recommend an alternative?

GPU

I am almost certain they picked the lowest end one. I also note that the memory is fairly slow comparatively, but on Intel that shouldn't matter much.

I don't know what other offerings they have. I would likely consider ordering it the way it is and run it for a while with consideration on upgrading that later (check to see if that voids warranty) and or checking to see if they have a better offering within that stack. The 1660 Super (or a Ti) should be a solid and balanced choice overall.

Edit- I don't see that specific case listed for sale here, however it...
I would not base a gaming system around a 6 thread cpu, they are already being pushed to their limits in some games. If you give a budget and where you are buying from I’m sure we can do better. However with AMD announcing their next gen CPU’s on the 8th October now is a bad time to buy a cpu/motherboard.

Sep 27, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
I would say that my budget is a maximum of 1560 $.
The website this PC is from is Shark Gaming, but I don't have a preference for which brand the PC should be from.
I would prefer not to build it on my own, since I don't have any experience with it.
If you do have any other recommendations, I would be happy to take them.
Thanks for the help.

Sep 27, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
I would say that my budget is a maximum of 1560 $.
The website this PC is from is Shark Gaming, but I don't have a preference for which brand the PC should be from.
I would prefer not to build it on my own, since I don't have any experience with it.
If you do have any other recommendations, I would be happy to take them.
Thanks for the help.

Shark gaming may be familiar to you in Denmark but I doubt most of us have heard of them.

I'd be incredibly wary of any company that rebrands oem psu's as their own.

You have no idea what you're using there.

Komplett have prebuilt systems,they're reputable, are all over Europe, have a 3 year rtb warranty and have been around a very long time.
I would honestly trust them more, you're still going to pay a fair bit more than building yourself but there's no way around that.

https://www.komplett.dk/product/1165518/gaming/gaming-pc/stationaer/msi-infinite

Thats a decent deal, needs secondary storage adding really and after the warranty is up the psu could do with replacing for future use.

You rhen have fulfilled by amazon deals from amazon Germany, which are around €40 delivery.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Memory-2...00+gaming+pc&qid=1601207094&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1

I'm not sure on warranty procedures though in that respect.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020
Thanks for all the tips, they help.
I have now looked at other components from other brands, which will hopefully make up a better system than the other.
I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if these components would make up a good gaming PC on a budget:

Updated version

This PC costs 1538 $ and is from klomplett.

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400 Processor, Tray
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B460-F GAMING bundkort
Graphics card: ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER ROG Strix Advanced
RAM: HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 2666MHz 16GB
Power supply: Corsair TX550M, 550W PSU
System disk: Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD
Storage disk: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5'' HDD
CPU cooler: CM Hyper H411R ARGB Black Komplett Edition
It also includes a VGPU KIT for Svive Halo.

Thanks for the help in advance.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
By my calculations the above system would cost you roughly $1200 to build if you purchased from Newegg here in the US. You didn't specifically list a case? and I did not factor in the VGPU Kit aspect.

In my opinion paying ~$300 for them to build, tech, troubleshoot, and provide warranty is not a bad deal at all. I suspect that GPU is the super low end one with one fan. Just the same if you got a hankering you could yank that and add something else.
I don't feel like this would be a bad choice if you are dead set on not building yourself.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The case is a Svive Halo S650.
Forgot the case, my bad.

Thanks for the reply.
You mentioned changing the GPU, can you recommend an alternative?

GPU

I am almost certain they picked the lowest end one. I also note that the memory is fairly slow comparatively, but on Intel that shouldn't matter much.

I don't know what other offerings they have. I would likely consider ordering it the way it is and run it for a while with consideration on upgrading that later (check to see if that voids warranty) and or checking to see if they have a better offering within that stack. The 1660 Super (or a Ti) should be a solid and balanced choice overall.

Edit- I don't see that specific case listed for sale here, however it (appears) to a roughly $60 case based on one that looks similar-ish by the same company. That honestly just increases the value proposition in that if shipping was included in the above you are only being charged about $200 for assy.

Solution
Sep 27, 2020
GPU

Edit- I don't see that specific case listed for sale here, however it (appears) to a roughly $60 case based on one that looks similar-ish by the same company. That honestly just increases the value proposition in that if shipping was included in the above you are only being charged about $200 for assy.

Thanks a lot, I will take that into consideration.

B!gMeme

Commendable
Sep 14, 2020
I always recommend building it yourself, as buying it from companies prebuilt can add 400 dollars to the cost. Building it yourself isn't as complicated as you might think, even quite simple. I learned how to do it by subcribing to BitWit and Linus Tech Tips on Youtube, and then I found an old pc and would take it apart and put it back together, googling how to do things periodically. I can now build a system with confidence. Do what I did for about a week, and you should be knowledgeable enough to build a system yourself. Plus, power supplies from gaming pc companies ALWAYS suck, and will die in under a year if you are unlucky. If you build it yourself you will more feel proud of it, and you will always see your money as well-spent. :)

Thanks for all the tips, they help.
I have now looked at other components from other brands, which will hopefully make up a better system than the other.
I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if these components would make up a good gaming PC on a budget:

Updated version

This PC costs 1538 $ and is from klomplett.

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400 Processor, Tray
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B460-F GAMING bundkort
Graphics card: ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER ROG Strix Advanced
RAM: HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 2666MHz 16GB
Power supply: Corsair TX550M, 550W PSU
System disk: Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD
Storage disk: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5'' HDD
CPU cooler: CM Hyper H411R ARGB Black Komplett Edition
It also includes a VGPU KIT for Svive Halo.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Thats a solid setup, can't really fault anything apart from maybe the cooler.

I'd be looking at a 120mm tower rather than a 92mm one.

Case choice looks solid with decent preinstalled cooling.