Question Would this be a good memory upgrade / addition?

Jul 1, 2022
So, my current pc build consists of a corsair vengeance lpx 32GB + 2 kit @ 3200mhz (PC4-25600 C16), a friend willing to give me a sealed kit of Neo Forza 16GB + 2 @ 3600mhz (PC4-28800 CL18) as a favor owned… Would you consider that this a good ram kit upgrade to total up to 96GB ram?

Please be advised I can’t afford getting a whole new set of ram right now, looking to find a decent deal on 32GB sticks later down the line.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

corsair vengeance lpx 32GB + 2 kit @ 3200mhz
sealed kit of Neo Forza 16GB + 2 @ 3600mhz

You sure you don't mean x2...? Mind sharing links to both ram kits used?

Please include the make and model of your motherboard(and BIOS version) as well as the processor used on said motherboard.

Last edited:
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, particularly ryzen, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
If it does work, all the ram must run at a common speed, namely 3200,
or, it may need to default to a lower speed to run at all.

If you try the added ram, and it does boot,
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

So, my current pc build consists of a corsair vengeance lpx 32GB + 2 kit @ 3200mhz (PC4-25600 C16), a friend willing to give me a sealed kit of Neo Forza 16GB + 2 @ 3600mhz (PC4-28800 CL18) as a favor owned… Would you consider that this a good ram kit upgrade to total up to 96GB ram?

Please be advised I can’t afford getting a whole new set of ram right now, looking to find a decent deal on 32GB sticks later down the line.
Are you using all the ram you have now?

Most folks won't come close to using 64GB.