Would this be a step up?

HMRkingpin

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I am trying to get my computer ready for all these games coming out now and in the future. I am not sure though how much performance I will gain from the few new components I would like to get. I am considering upgrading from a Phenom X3 720BE, to a Phenom X6 1090tBE. Also considering going from a 2x Evga GTX260 ssc sli setup, to one GTX570 (Which will be in sli in the future). Will this be a worth-while gain in performance for future multi-threading and gpu intensive games? I run 1920X1080 on 47" screen when playing games. Side note, I plan on building a little cube case for work gaming and using the old cpu and graphics will keep me from having to buy new parts for that.

Solution
You'll need the GTX570 for 47" screen's possible tearing. The CPU upgrade is pretty decent, just make sure you have a good enough CPU cooler to allow for some overclocking on the BE CPU.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
You'll need the GTX570 for 47" screen's possible tearing. The CPU upgrade is pretty decent, just make sure you have a good enough CPU cooler to allow for some overclocking on the BE CPU.

Solution