[SOLVED] Would this build work, and if not, why not?

Jul 6, 2020
Hi, in accordance to the title, would this build work, and would there be severe bottlenecking? Thanks

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
CPU cooler: Stock
GPU: RX 6800 / RTX 3070
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H
RAM: Corsair 2x8GB 3200MHz
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB + WD 750gb HDD
PSU: EVGA 650w
Casing: Phanteks Eclipse 360X

Thanks

Solution
I
Hi, in accordance to the title, would this build work, and would there be severe bottlenecking? Thanks

Thanks
It will. I'd suggest to pass on the 750GB HDD if you're buying new, and get a cheaper SSD (860 Evo) and a bigger HDD or a bigger 860 Evo.

I wouldn't recommend that case for anything other than quietness. Not great airflow, try P360A for better airflow

Idk about the cooler, I'd say just stick with stock and get something better if needed once you try it out.

Why are you cheaping out on the...
I

Thanks
It will. I'd suggest to pass on the 750GB HDD if you're buying new, and get a cheaper SSD (860 Evo) and a bigger HDD or a bigger 860 Evo.

I wouldn't recommend that case for anything other than quietness. Not great airflow, try P360A for better airflow

Idk about the cooler, I'd say just stick with stock and get something better if needed once you try it out.

Why are you cheaping out on the motherboard? With such high end components I'd suggest going Aorus or Strix or MSI MPG/tomahawk. It's not going to hinder performance but still better motherboards allow for better OC, more connectivity (including SATA, fan slots, RGB headers) and stuff like that.

And what 650W? There's tons of bad and good 650W. If it's gold it should be fine

Solution
Jul 6, 2020
I

Why are you cheaping out on the motherboard? With such high end components I'd suggest going Aorus or Strix or MSI MPG/tomahawk. It's not going to hinder performance but still better motherboards allow for better OC, more connectivity (including SATA, fan slots, RGB headers) and stuff like that.

And what 650W? There's tons of bad and good 650W. If it's gold it should be fine
Honestly, I already own the storage from my previous system so changing that wouldn't exactly be ideal. The motherboard doesn't really bother me because I'll just be using for standard use, no fancy overclocking or anything. I'm not exactly going for RGB, as it will be tucked in under my table. Aside from that, I don't see any reason to get a better motherboard, especially since I have a pretty choked budget.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Honestly, I already own the storage from my previous system so changing that wouldn't exactly be ideal. The motherboard doesn't really bother me because I'll just be using for standard use, no fancy overclocking or anything. I'm not exactly going for RGB, as it will be tucked in under my table. Aside from that, I don't see any reason to get a better motherboard, especially since I have a pretty choked budget.
Okay, makes sense. To get that mobo now.