[SOLVED] Would this mobo support this ram?

BrennB

Prominent
Nov 15, 2020
Would this mobo support this ram? Looking to upgrade my cpu and mobo and ram my
Friend has the ram stated below but mobo says supports up to 3200 ddr4 does that mean it would clock down or not run? Thanks
TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING

corsair rgb pro black 3600

Solution
Thanks punk for the constant replies, I have been looking at the ryzen 5 3600 with my gtx 1060 6gb oc edition and a rog b450-f mobo with 16gb ddr4 ram but looks like my gpu will bottle neck this? For the sake of what I have now (fx8350) gtx 1060 970 msi mobo is it worth me just waiting and upgrading gpu mobo cpu and ram in one hit?

I personally like to build in stages, as it were, to spread out the cost as well as to have a midpoint upgrade.
Generally I will build (CPU/Mobo/RAM/Case sometimes) and often re-use things like PSU/Drives/GPU. I typically save up for a good GPU upgrade that makes sense for the build I have and hopefully be useful for me the next time too. Drives and such get swapped randomly in between.

I feel...

BrennB

Prominent
Nov 15, 2020
Thanks punk for the constant replies, I have been looking at the ryzen 5 3600 with my gtx 1060 6gb oc edition and a rog b450-f mobo with 16gb ddr4 ram but looks like my gpu will bottle neck this? For the sake of what I have now (fx8350) gtx 1060 970 msi mobo is it worth me just waiting and upgrading gpu mobo cpu and ram in one hit?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

I personally like to build in stages, as it were, to spread out the cost as well as to have a midpoint upgrade.
Generally I will build (CPU/Mobo/RAM/Case sometimes) and often re-use things like PSU/Drives/GPU. I typically save up for a good GPU upgrade that makes sense for the build I have and hopefully be useful for me the next time too. Drives and such get swapped randomly in between.

I feel that even WITH the 1060, moving up that far in CPU performance is going to make a nice difference.

Solution

BrennB

Prominent
Nov 15, 2020
Yeah a lot of people have said the same, Looks like I’ll go for the ryzen 5 3600 and the rog mobo and 16gb 3200 ram and see how I get on, Should be ok for warzone in low/medium and streaming at the same time surely?