Would this processor run fine in this motherboard?

exxr1c

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Hi, I was recently thinking of upgrading my processor, but I'm on a little budget at the moment. I was wondering if an AMD FX 8350 would run into any complications when paired with an ASrock 760-GM-GS3? If not would this motherboard work fine? GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3?

Solution
ASRock doesn't list the FX-8350 which makes sense with an entry level motherboard; the VRMs can't handle that CPU. The GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 will support it, but it may throttle the CPU if need be to protect itself. If you really want to upgrade to an FX-8350 and your case is ATX, then the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P would be better. A motherboard with a very good CPU VRM is required for that CPU; otherwise it will throttle at full load.
ASRock doesn't list the FX-8350 which makes sense with an entry level motherboard; the VRMs can't handle that CPU. The GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 will support it, but it may throttle the CPU if need be to protect itself. If you really want to upgrade to an FX-8350 and your case is ATX, then the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P would be better. A motherboard with a very good CPU VRM is required for that CPU; otherwise it will throttle at full load.

Solution