Would this ultrabook run these games ?

andrei65

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
Hi guys
So i'm in a need of a ultrabook for photoshop , and i was wondering if this ultrabook Click here would run :
S4 League
Requirements :
CPU :Intel Pentium 4 (2.0Ghz) or higher
CPU Speed:Info
RAM:1 GB
Video Card: nVidia Geforce 7600GS or higher
Sound Card: Yes

Metin 2
CPU : Intel Pentium 4 (2.0Ghz) or higher
CPU Speed :Info
RAM : 1GB
Video Card : Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher

LimitedWard

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

I am afraid that the Ultrabook you are describing will not be powerful enough to play those games. You will have a tough time finding laptop/tablet hybrid that can play games.

Furthermore, I would not recommend that device for Photoshop either. Photoshop tends to be very RAM intensive, so if you want to be able to make complex graphics without having your computer freeze up on you, you should probably consider a laptop with at least 4GB of RAM.

LimitedWard

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

Implying drawing is different than photo editing? Photoshop doesn't discriminate between photos from a camera and graphics you draw by hand.

I have a laptop with better specs than that Ultrabook and 4Gb of RAM, and the system freezes up all the time while doing anything in Photoshop. I ended up downloading a program that frees up unused RAM to prevent the computer from crashing. That's why a lot of graphics artists tend to have high amounts of RAM on their computers.

Honestly, I would not recommend that laptop for any of the purposes that you mentioned. If you really want to have touch capabilities for Photoshop, I'd recommend getting a Wacom tablet and a real laptop instead (not a laptop/tablet hybrid).

I'd suggest you look at that Notebookcheck.com site.

Look for something that has at least an Intel i3, discrete graphics, at least a 512MB SSD and 8-16MB of memory.

I've not had a light-weight laptop in ages, and mostly use my desktop , so I can't recommend something, maybe someone else can help you out.

LimitedWard

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

If you really want a tablet/laptop hybrid capable of running Photoshop, perhaps the Surface Pro 3 would work. I'd imagine it's over your price range, but then again to do anything you want you would need to go over 450 euros.

You likely won't find a laptop under $1000 with a real graphics card.

I suppose if you are willing to go the more expensive route, Macbooks tend to be popular among graphics designers (PC gods, please forgive me for my sins).

LimitedWard

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

That is correct; however, you may have trouble streaming videos in 1440p from websites like YouTube if your internet connection isn't fast enough.

andrei65

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
But are you sure i can't play it ?
I mean i have a 4 year old apu and i am playing cod ghosts on low settings , and those games are FAR less demanding and need a far less powerfull processor , and I saw people use that laptop for photoshop cs6 , and without lag etc so are you sure that you're right ?