Would this work for cooling?

Raeven_Zero

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
Just a quick question that I've pondered on a few times.....I have noticed that my cases alway feel cool to the touch. Why hasn't anyone ever tried a heatpipe setup that connects some of the heat producing components to the case and maybe put some fins somewhere inside the case to make some extra cooling. All you would have to do then is make sure air is moving through your case. I know it would take a little engineering seeing that most of these components aren't stationary in th case (you have to take them out and put them in sometime), but I think it is a descent theory. Any ideas? Like I said, my cases always feel cool to the touch but I move a lot of air through them.....also you case would absolutely have to remain grounded at all times.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Actually I have a better idea. Take an empty case and pepper it a few times with a shotgun. Use the bird shot to get nice small holes. Shoot it enough times to get nice air flow and maybe you won't even need a case fan. :wink:

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
The problem with your idea is that opening the case covers becomes a problem if you have tubes running in and out of them so at the end, you're better off with water cooling :wink: .