[SOLVED] Would this work??

Aug 15, 2019
Hey y’all!

Looking at building a new rig, and as I’m quite comfortable putting all the hardware together, I don’t have enough experience installing a OS. My buddy did it for me, but he won’t be able to do it this time.

Now I’m actually quite surprised by the price for a new Windows 10 OS. I seen the system builder version for sale for 95$CAD.

Now i stumbled across this:
https://www.amazon.ca/Wíndоws-Profe...10+home&qid=1568307106&sprefix=windows&sr=8-9

Would that work? And how would i go about doing so? I do have a laptop at home which could maybe download this, and put it on a USB stick. Please enlighten me, because for $10, man that would be awesome!

Thanks everyone!

Solution
So thru that link I can dowload the OS, and put it on a USB and install it on the new rig? The link I posted is a 8$ windows key, that would be all i need to get a legit Windows 10 home 64-bit OS?

Just the amazon home page came up for the. The windows key may or may not work. It could be a scam or it could be legit. It is a "grey" key. There are a lot of sites in the grey marketplace. Grey means it may be legit or not, it is the grey area. The keys could be stolen, but as the buyer you wont know.

But you dont have to buy windows to run it. Just follow the instructions to download windows to the USB. When it ask you for the product registration during the install, just select the skip (or do this later, I cant...
You just need to load windows on a usb from your laptop.

Just follow the instructions in the link below. Bring up using the tool to create installation media etc...

That will work you through the steps of creating the USB. When your rig is built, boot from the USB and follow the instructions to download Windows. You can pay to have it activated after you get it installed or you can just run on an unactivated version.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Aug 15, 2019
You just need to load windows on a usb from your laptop.

Just follow the instructions in the link below. Bring up using the tool to create installation media etc...

That will work you through the steps of creating the USB. When your rig is built, boot from the USB and follow the instructions to download Windows. You can pay to have it activated after you get it installed or you can just run on an unactivated version.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
So thru that link I can dowload the OS, and put it on a USB and install it on the new rig? The link I posted is a 8$ windows key, that would be all i need to get a legit Windows 10 home 64-bit OS?

Just the amazon home page came up for the. The windows key may or may not work. It could be a scam or it could be legit. It is a "grey" key. There are a lot of sites in the grey marketplace. Grey means it may be legit or not, it is the grey area. The keys could be stolen, but as the buyer you wont know.

But you dont have to buy windows to run it. Just follow the instructions to download windows to the USB. When it ask you for the product registration during the install, just select the skip (or do this later, I cant remember). Windows will install and a water mark will come up at the bottom right of the screen saying you need to activate windows. Everything else will run just fine, you just wont be able to change the background screen.

Reactions: DutchCanadian
Solution