[SOLVED] Would too many NVMe and M.2s slow my GPU or something like that?

Jon_6447

Prominent
Dec 22, 2022
So I'm just finalizing a build with a 13900KF, MSI Z790-A PRO WIfI , RTX 3090,a pair of DDR5 RAMs, an AIO and a 1200w PSU. I have 2 1TB NVMe + one 512gb M.2 from my previous build and bought another 1TB Gen4 WD SN850x NVMe.
So this build is going to have:
1 x Gen4 NVMe
2 x Gen3 Nvme
1 x m.2
Is this going to affect my GPU performance in any way? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to understanding the PCIe lanes and speeds and how they can be affected if the lanes are too saturated.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
I don't think you have anything to worry about Most new CPU and boards have enough lanes to not run into problems. They are unlikely to share.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't think you have anything to worry about Most new CPU and boards have enough lanes to not run into problems. They are unlikely to share.

Solution

with that mainboard yes, no issue with lane sharing, but lots of other intel mainboards offer gen5 for m2 by stealing it from GPU, which is not happening on his mainboard