[SOLVED] Would you buy 27" 108PPI or 32" 91PPI monitor (Both 240Hz & 1440p)

pilotsh

Distinguished
May 1, 2014
Hello! I have the ASUS VG248QE (144Hz, 1080p). It has 91PPI pixel density and is a 24" display. Will shortly be upgrading my graphics card to AT LEAST an RTX 2070 Super or higher, and looking at the impending Samsung Odyssey G7, which looks great.

My question is that I am keen to see the pros and cons of the two sizes (27" vs 32") that people might see. I measured my eyes from the screen and I sit about 70cm away. Both are a bigger monitor that I have had before, and I like the idea of the 32", but then feel like I am not getting better quality as it will be the same pixel density than what I have now. Or if I go the 27" will I be spoilt by 108PPI forever?!

I did a quick search and both would not be "retina", which worked out to be 84cm and 94cm respectively.

So I am torn and am interested in peoples thoughts and/or experiences.

Thanks in advance! :)

Solution
Hello! I have the ASUS VG248QE (144Hz, 1080p). It has 91PPI pixel density and is a 24" display. Will shortly be upgrading my graphics card to AT LEAST an RTX 2070 Super or higher, and looking at the impending Samsung Odyssey G7, which looks great.

My question is that I am keen to see the pros and cons of the two sizes (27" vs 32") that people might see. I measured my eyes from the screen and I sit about 70cm away. Both are a bigger monitor that I have had before, and I like the idea of the 32", but then feel like I am not getting better quality as it will be the same pixel density than what I have now. Or if I go the 27" will I be spoilt by 108PPI forever?!

I did a quick search and both would not be "retina", which worked out to...

I did a quick search and both would not be "retina", which worked out to be 84cm and 94cm respectively.

So I am torn and am interested in peoples thoughts and/or experiences.

Thanks in advance! :)
Look at 34" 3440x1440 monitors. You get the physical height & pixel density of the 27" but a wider field of view due to the 21:9 ratio. Alternatively there are also 38" 3840x1600 monitors that are 24:10 aspect ratio that give you even more real estate if you want.

Solution

pilotsh

Distinguished
May 1, 2014
Will do. Was looking at VA panel as viewing angles don't worry me (I will only ever sit right in front of my screen), but I play darker games in a dark room so would like to get the best blacks.

For sitting at a normal computer distance I find anything over 27 to require too much motion to see the screen, eye or head. If you are doing something like flying or driving games then maybe a large screen is good to give a more rear world immersion look, like a 3 monitor setup or an ultrawide screen would, but for most uses moving your vision center a lot will tire your eyes and neck.