[SOLVED] Would you pay $83 to go from a RTX-2070 to RTX-3070?

May 11, 2021
Dell screwed up my order and I lost my first option with an i7-10700K & RTX-2070. They are giving me an option to replace it with the RTX-3070 but the CPU is only the i5-10400 and I have to pay an extra $83. I'm really irked with them but I've probably come out ahead in terms of gaming muscle.

USAFRet

Titan
Dell screwed up my order and I lost my first option with an i7-10700K & RTX-2070. They are giving me an option to replace it with the RTX-3070 but the CPU is only the i5-10400 and I have to pay an extra $83. I'm really irked with them but I've probably come out ahead in terms of gaming muscle.
In light of the current GPU market, yes. No question.

May 11, 2021
Depending on the resolution you could see as much as a 30% increase in graphics performance from the 3070.
Id probably take the deal, if not demand they do it for free since it was their fault.
I already brow-beat them. They started off even higher but I got another 5% off by grumbling. Additional grumbling didn't produce any further effect. I started off this venture to get better video processing ability so while I might get better gaming, their error is going to cost me in my primary goal. I think an i5-11600K would drop right in there but that is yet another $320 once you account for the cooling solution.

May 11, 2021
Now let's see if they actually GET the RTX 3070. Hopefully it doesn't just stay in pre-ship status forever.

Try to get something in writing, that they are willing to give you the RTX 3070, ASAP.

They sent me an email with the configuration and charged my card. Does anyone want an i5-10400 for $125? I'm thinking of picking up the i5-11600K and a cooler to nurture my OCD.

May 11, 2021
Now let's see if they actually GET the RTX 3070. Hopefully it doesn't just stay in pre-ship status forever.

Try to get something in writing, that they are willing to give you the RTX 3070, ASAP.
They are taking their sweet time. It is supposed to ship on the 28th and my original order was placed on the 12th. They biffed my first one on the 15th and I wrestled the new system from them on the 17th. You would think that these Outlet models would be ready to go before they stuck them up for sale.

But... I miscalculated. The additional cost is only $43.29 so outside of the fact I'm CPU shorted I'm feeling good. The problem is that it has now increased my budget for the monitor because I'm no longer targeting a 1080 resolution. Mission creep is going to bite me in the ass.

They are taking their sweet time. It is supposed to ship on the 28th and my original order was placed on the 12th. They biffed my first one on the 15th and I wrestled the new system from them on the 17th. You would think that these Outlet models would be ready to go before they stuck them up for sale.

But... I miscalculated. The additional cost is only $43.29 so outside of the fact I'm CPU shorted I'm feeling good. The problem is that it has now increased my budget for the monitor because I'm no longer targeting a 1080 resolution. Mission creep is going to bite me in the ass.
Dont invest in the better monitor quite yet, I would make sure you actually get your system, considering they couldnt deliver on the first one.