[SOLVED] Would you use these Harddrives for gaming storage?

Solution
2.5" 5400rpm drives are not suitable for gaming IMO. That 8GB of cache isn't alot of space considering you don't get control over what gets cached and once you aren't pulling data from the Cache, you're stuck at whatever 5400rpms can deliver.

If this is a desktop, you'll want a 3.5" drive anyways.

popatim

Titan
2.5" 5400rpm drives are not suitable for gaming IMO. That 8GB of cache isn't alot of space considering you don't get control over what gets cached and once you aren't pulling data from the Cache, you're stuck at whatever 5400rpms can deliver.

If this is a desktop, you'll want a 3.5" drive anyways.

Solution
they'll do fine, bear in mind the most often used programs bubble up in cache over time so the improvement is not necessarily immediate.
in terms of performance they're an improvement over standard hard drives when using consoles or laptops or when bays are limited.
They'll obviously not be as fast as SSDs, but a decent alternative

I purchased two of these harddrive. The seagate firecuda gaming 2 TB solid state hybrid drive. I got two M2 I am also using but I also wanted add something on the fly just for gaming. Are these decent?

Thanks in advance

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2F3741/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

museprime

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2013
they'll do fine, bear in mind the most often used programs bubble up in cache over time so the improvement is not necessarily immediate.
in terms of performance they're an improvement over standard hard drives when using consoles or laptops or when bays are limited.
They'll obviously not be as fast as SSDs, but a decent alternative
How about using them in a desktop?