cooler master Case
It was just a corrupted OS
THEY LET ME HAVE IT FOR
$125 PLUS TAX
LOL another great pawn shop deal
What should I sell it for?
I'm thinking $600

Solution
Especially given this week's announcement of support being cut off for older hardware, had Win10 be installed, the value would be lessened. The furor started earlier this month when Clover Train users found out that they can not install the latest Win10 update. But later MS announced that the minute any piece of hardware reaches "end of life", then no more upgrades. So if your sound vard, NIC or anything else is one fpor which support ends, then when you try to upgrade, you will get a message saying "Nope, not for you".

Wouldn't be such a bad thing if they told you what component it has an issue with, ... you could then swap it out. But it chooses to keep that information from you. if that machine had Win10 on it, Id place the...
Let's say the build cost was $1600 ... the 970 came out in September 2014

Rule of Thumb - Take your build cost and then subtract 10% .... then 5% for each month of age for 6 months (60% value at this point) ... then 10% for every 6 months thereafter.

0.5 year old - 60% of build cost
1.0 - 50%
1.5 - 40%
2.0 - 30%
2.5 - 20%
3.0 - 10%

So we are basically looking at about 15% of build cost or $240 as of June ...

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
You could probably gut it and get more for it with that value analysis, I saw someone selling a used 970 for $220 on ebay. The thing about gutting it is that it will take much longer to sell all the parts.
Still is a pretty cool find for so little at a pawn shop, makes me wish there was one around here!

Especially given this week's announcement of support being cut off for older hardware, had Win10 be installed, the value would be lessened. The furor started earlier this month when Clover Train users found out that they can not install the latest Win10 update. But later MS announced that the minute any piece of hardware reaches "end of life", then no more upgrades. So if your sound vard, NIC or anything else is one fpor which support ends, then when you try to upgrade, you will get a message saying "Nope, not for you".

Wouldn't be such a bad thing if they told you what component it has an issue with, ... you could then swap it out. But it chooses to keep that information from you. if that machine had Win10 on it, Id place the value as $0.

Solution