Wow Latency

Demented_84

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I am having some simular issues running Wow on my comp. I have read tons of forums searching for answers maybe here will be different. My FPS has stayed around its constant of 60 not the very highest but decent. now heres the real issue. After opening all ports tunning all progs to performace, tracing Ips, changing adaptor output to 100full, cleaning registry, defraging etcetc.. I get 2000lat constantly=( . So anyone got any advice?

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
crappy internet? bad line quality? crappy network card?

it could be either of those, high latency(ping time) doesn't come from a registry error or fragmented hard drive or a slow computer, it's most likely just that your line quality is pretty bad.

check here : http://pingtest.net/

and run a test in the recommended server.

if the latency is also uber high then your internet sucks, if it isn't then it's just a WoW problem.

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I'm assuming this is a DSL connection? Do you have high latency on any other computers? Has your latency always been this bad? In the past, my DSL ISPs were able to run line tests from their end to determine if there is any line "noise" or static. You may want to contact them for further assistance.

aj197808

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
It sounds like you are using DSL due to the low download speed. My question is have you check with your ISP to see if there is some type of bandwidth test. You should be concerned with your upload speed just as much if not more than your download speed. If you have data anywhere on your network uploading at a decent rate it will kill your download speed.

Demented_84

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
ok kool i see what you fellas are saying. That actual feed is supposed to be 1.5 mps ethernet/satalite. surfing net easy, multi applications load and run with what I would say is actually very good. now for the down load speeds though however are at (since last test) 133kbs as apposed to the rate my ISP says is between 450-900. I am comp freindly but still a learner. I have opened all ports to any progs. that I run on the regular. check said ports and connection Multiple times tweak drives to run with absolute performance, clean and defrag etc as i previously stated.

brett1042002 I have ran the trace route from my IP to BLizzards (World of Warcraft) and it came back as a good feed. I really think wiinippongamer has a really good point about it may be WOw's issue. I have delt in the past with such issue's and they seem to always resolve themselfs. this time i am stumped beyound my know how if you follow. Me personally I feel its in the net working some or in the Fact i just started using win7. Anymore suggestions though advice or know how would be awesome. Thanks for the help so far =)

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
A 1.5mbps connection will allow actual download rates of 187KBps, max. Make sure all firewalls are off (both in windows and on your Router), and the correct ports are opened on your router (not just windows). I would kill any Anti-virus software running in the background as well. If you have already tried this, and are confident everything on your end is in working order, I would contact WoW technical support.

TRENDING THREADS