WoW runs worse after upgrades? HELP!

jake94

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I got some money for Christmas and decided I wanted to upgrade quite a bit, My old specs were
Video: Radeon HD6450
RAM: 4GB DDR2
CPU: Pentium duo 2.7Ghz dual core
Mobo: not quite sure it came on an emachines?

anyway wow ran fairly well but i wanted to play at higher settings i was gettings around 30-45fps anywhere i went, ever since i upgraded my stuff wow can run at max settings, but only if my view distance is on low and i get 100fps. But, when i set everything to low and turn up view distance it runs about 25fps, My drivers are up to date i will post specs of new pc

Video: Radeon HD7770
RAM: 4gb DDR3
Mobo: Asus P8Z 68-v LX
CPU: i3 2120 3.30Ghz quad core

Barcinice

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
What PSU do you have? Could be a lack of power, or Perhaps you're still running off your onboard GPU.

Been a very long time since I played WOW but Anti-aliasing can drastically lower performance no matter what card you have. Did you try running wow with it turned off?

InvalidError

Titan
i3 would be 2 core 4 threads and should be much faster than P4-D.

From what I remember playing Cataclysm with only 4GB RAM, setting view distance to high was very jerky due to far-distance stuff getting reloaded all the time. That got much smoother after I upgraded to 8GB.

jake94

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I just did system restore when i got it so i assume it reset windows, anti is set to x1 my psu is 850 watts so i know it can handle it any other posibilities? i think it could be that my cpu isnt running right maybe?