Wow + Streaming, Bad FPS

Sep 25, 2018
Currently i am having issues when Streaming - World of Warcraft, i am at a lost for what to do.
Current Specs,
GPU- Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 1600
SSD- WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB PC SSD
HDD- WD 1 TB Data Drive
Motherboard- ASUS Prime X370-Pro AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4
Ram- 16GB (8GBx2)Kingston HyperX Fury 2400 DDR4
Streaming software: Streamlabs OBS

Note: Warcraft, Discord, Streamlabs OBS, and Spotify are installed on the SSD.

3308npt.jpg

I've also limited the applications to necessitates, running apps:
World of Warcraft
Streamlabs OBS
Twitch Chat
Spotify (Music for Stream)
Discord

When sitting in Town often times while streaming i have 40-80 fps, However during Raids the FPS drops to roughly 10-15 frames.

I have tried taking steps to reduce add-on usage i currently have it down to 90mb of memory of addons, I have also slowed down "Details" to refresh every 0.45, rather then the default of 0.3

I have also reduced In-game Setting during raiding/dungeons I feel I shouldn't be having these issues with the current specs of the system.
ih5xmo.jpg

If someone could please help me isolate the issue, or what upgrades could be performed to improve frame rate, while streaming.

Solution
This is a well known issue with WoW. The problem is the CPU optimization. WoW is only optimized to use 4 cores total, and 3 of those are not used nearly as much as the single one. So literally anything else you do will impact performance if it is utilizing that core.

It's not a fix but a workaround is that you can set the affinity for the streaming program to NOT use the one core that WoW is using most. It will give you a few fps back.

As far as raids get used to it. I have an 8700k and I get like 50-60fps tops in raids on preset 7 and without streaming or using Discord at all. Same in Boralus. I only get 60fps tops. And again that is literally running JUST WoW.

The only real way for you to get 60+fps while streaming is to get a...

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
This is a well known issue with WoW. The problem is the CPU optimization. WoW is only optimized to use 4 cores total, and 3 of those are not used nearly as much as the single one. So literally anything else you do will impact performance if it is utilizing that core.

It's not a fix but a workaround is that you can set the affinity for the streaming program to NOT use the one core that WoW is using most. It will give you a few fps back.

As far as raids get used to it. I have an 8700k and I get like 50-60fps tops in raids on preset 7 and without streaming or using Discord at all. Same in Boralus. I only get 60fps tops. And again that is literally running JUST WoW.

The only real way for you to get 60+fps while streaming is to get a 2700x and OC it pretty well. With the 1600 it's one or the other, not both.

Solution

logainofhades

Titan
Do you have DX12 enabled? If so, turn it off. Definitely want to overclock that 1600, as well. With the CPU bound nature of WoW, the extra clock speed should help. Even if only using 4 cores, there are still 2 extra physical cores, and the SMT, to handle the stream. I do agree that a 2700x is a better solution, but I still think it is doable with a 6c/12t CPU.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts