• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question WoW using 100% disk after replacement of hard drive

Jul 8, 2020
Hi,
I have recently run into a problem playing WoW after my hard drive was replaced (the old one was failing and I took it to a professional for replacement). Nothing else has been changed.

There is still plenty of space on the hard drive - 826 free GB. However, since the replacement, playing WoW has become close to impossible. When loading and playing the game, TM is showing 100% disk being used. Logging in takes several minutes and I am usually flagged AFK by the time I get in. The game is very stuttery and being in a major city during peak playing times is completely impossible.

I have tried disabling antivirus (I use AVG and Malwarebytes as installed by the people who replaced the hard drive) but that hasn't helped. I also tried deleting the WTF and Cache folders but also without any improvement.

My computer is a Lenovo Ideapad 330S.
Hard drive model: ST1000LM048-2E7172.

I had no issues running the game prior to the replacement of the hard drive.

I would be grateful for any help. And please bear with me as I am not much of a computer expert.

Thank you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS